View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 05:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default ketamine and Schwartzman

Quote:
Originally Posted by llrn7470 View Post
I have a burning interest in having a Ketamine infusion treatment. I live in Pittsburgh and the closest place (to my understanding and correct me if I am wrong) is Philadelphia. I was communicating with someone else on the site and they thought that the wait list was years long. Can anyone confirm/deny? How hard is he to get an appointment with? I thought that maybe a couple of his patients may be around and could give me some scoop. Please-please and thanks-thanks
I have an appointment with Schwartzman for a year from now. I got it months ago. I do not think I will keep it. I really want to see Dr. Harbut in Arkansas . His clinic is not currently open, but hope he can get financing for it again. He has very good results with his low dose infusion seven days aproximately. I have spoken with at least five of his patients and they were thrilled with their results. It is in remission and so far, it seems the time is about three years...maybe more , maybe less , depending on the individual and how long they have had it. He is a pioneer in this field and I tried to raise money thru a foundaition I serve on, but it didn't happen this year. You can read his papers on his work online... search Dr. Ronald Harbut ketamine ...I think it is the future of the answer to CRPS. A really nasty piece of business that gets little real attention . Pain docs.. push the pills and then coming off of them is a nightmare all over again. I have had this for a year, come February. Feels like a lifetime. I am older than most here probably, so am willing to try anything to get some reasonable life back.

Good luck, Sherrie
mssherrie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
llrn7470 (12-30-2008)