View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 05:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Ali

for me, at first PT made me alot better and then as my RSD progressed it made me alot worse. In the end mum and I did our own exercise programs at home and would just see a private physio every couple of months. Have you considered botox? also, instead of casting why don't they put a boot on you? then if it really flares the RSD up then you can always have it taken off again. I've had botox in my ankles and feet to try and correct them about 4 years ago and had it done under general anaesthetic. Whilst I was under they also casted both my legs into the "walking boots". They also tried serial casting on my legs to straighten them. Neither of them was successful but my legs had been twisted for years and nobody had done anything to them at all (and I've been non weight bearing for 7 years or so which has worsened the deformities). You could always ask for entonox whilst they are casting you if you are not having a general anaesthetic..? I find it helped with the pain of casting. I know some RSDers who have serial casting who wear split casts which are held on by bandages as apparently this is less risky to flare the RSD (?). Have you been seen by orthotics?

i'm so sorry to hear about your grandad

I'm really glad you're walking - how's getting back to school? how far can you walk now?

With physio... I think it's important to have some input even if they aren't doing any major work on your RSD arm and leg but work on strengthening your non RSD side and your core muscles.

Ok.. can't do any more but sending you loads of love and hugs and keep in touch

love

rosie xxxxxxxxx
frogga is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ali12 (12-30-2008)