View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 05:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi donut - how long to stay out of sports? At least until your symptons are clear is my advice.

7 years ago I banged my head 2x within 6 weeks, then approx 6 months after that my car was rear ended - another concussion, fell down some stairs approx 6 months after that and so on - I have never recovered to being my old self - I am like a punch drunk boxer. Any sudden jerky movements that shake my head and the vicious type of headache returns - going over speed bumps on the road will start it off. You shouldn't wrap yourself in cotton wool but please let your brain have time to recover - what is a year out of your life now when it could be with you for ever?

After the second injury I took it for granted that I would recover within a week and kept trying to work - forcing my brain continuously - in hindsight it was the dumbest thing I could have done and I am of the opinion that this is why I have not fully recovered.

Please treasure your head and don't bang it again for a long time!! You are young you will be better sooner rather than later.

Lynlee

Last edited by Lucy; 12-30-2008 at 05:57 PM. Reason: add
Lucy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote