View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 08:11 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I have done a lot of my own diagnostic research, until now, when things are so undeniable that docs are able to come to conclusions I came to years ago.

My recent physicians have for the most part done the tests I have asked for.

I have been able to get pain control, probably because things are so evident now.

I think, the people that NEED pain control are the ones who loathe to ask for it, and by the time they do, they have suffered a long time.

Most have tried everything that they can before they approach their doctor for pain meds. It is humiliating.

They are also like me, the ones who try to take down doses or do things like quit it for fear of addiction. My poor physician doesn't know what to do with me....up and down and up and down. I want off....but no way that will happen. I am too sick. My own doc tells me I need pain control and I need to get used to it.

My PN is not my primary problem anymore. I have autoimmune connective tissue disease, and the nerves are only one target. It has nailed my eyes, salivary glands, skin, nails, heart, GI, nerves, ligaments, and bone. From not knowing which one it was, I now fit in more diseases than I care to.

I was almost content to accept that I had a hereditary neuropathy that could not be treated....now, I am on IVIG, hoping it keeps me hanging in!

It is important to follow your instincts, fight for what you need, and do what you feel is best for yourself.
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dahlek (01-01-2009)