View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 08:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi everyone I'm new to the boards so I decided to surf around a bit and came across these posts. I was wondering if you all still had your SCS? I recently moved to a new state and my WC of another state has denied me twice for the SCS implant. But, since my old doc recently had a new MRI (mylogram) done and found several nerves impinged that are not being reached by the medication they want to try the Stimulator on me. My WC analyst thinks that they will re investigate this option and have sent me to a neurosurgeon to see if surgery is an option which it is not. So, my new doctor is going to push for the stimulator and I am Hoping and praying that we have a decision by march of this next year.

A little background on me; I'm a 44 (almost 45 ohh crud next month) year old gal grew up in Wyoming all my life. I married my current husband 12 years ago and he has been a god send as far as being supportive with my pain. He takes me to my appts, and everything. I messed up my back at work 8 years ago while transferring a patient (I was a CNA) and caused three herniated discs in my back. Needless to say in Dec of 2000 I underwent the first of many fusion surgeries a two level fusion that was successful for the first two years I did quite well. In 2002 the disc above L3-4 herniated fully and I went under the knife again to fix that one. Got 6 months of pain free freedom out of that surgery until I was planting my strawberries and felt excruciating pain down my left leg. Immediately called my neuro who got me in and after doing tests found that the fusion did not take and that one of the screws had come undone. So then back in we went for a revision but this time when I woke up there was no relief. My left and right legs hurt bad and my neuro said that the surgery failed and that I was stuck with my pain forever.

Sorry for the long post. I'll post more later as it is time for a hot bath and some meds :-)
Scarred_4_life is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote