View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 11:13 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Dorrie, I found a change in routine also helped me ... like what areas of my house or even at work, triggered smoking for me.

For instance......I would have my first cigarette in the mornings with a cup of coffee in a certain spot at home. What I did was change the area that I had my first coffee.

ie: When I smoked, I would go outside with my first coffee and sit in "my smoking chair". When I gave up, I'd have my first cup of coffee in the living room.....or some where else....totally unrelated to cigarettes.

Same at work. I'd have my tea breaks and lunch in totally different areas to those where I once would light up a cigarette. I'd be sitting with non smokers then, and that helped to curb the urge.

Another thing was : I'd always show my patch to co-workers when they asked if I'd go for a cigarette with them (I wore it on my arms lol! ). I'd say thanks but no, I've given up, and show them the patch. They need to see that patch so they know you're serious, and you need to show it to them for the same reason.

Good luck Dorrie. We're all behind you.