View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 11:13 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexann View Post
Wow you have got alot of sprouts on the go.

The rack looks very useable and you don't have to lose counter space. (I don't have very much counter space.)
That's exactly why I bought it. I have the counter space but I like a clean kitchen. This way, I have all my sprouts on one end of the kitchen, flat against the wall. The 4 shelves...well I can put anything I want, so as I continue to learn more about sprouting, and I get various seeds (I still have to try and find some wide mouth mason jars. They don't sell any around here). They all come out in the stores around July so I'll get them then. And then I shall have 4 shelves of various sprouts and I'll get to eat healthy every day. They really do taste good in my salads and in my stews.

And yesterday I made buckwheat groats. They are also called Kasha. I had read where buckwheat is very good for diabetics. I have a friend who tells me that in Europe,. they make everybody who is diabetic, well they are encouraged to eat Buckwheat groats.

I didn't even know what the heck a buckwheat groat was. But I made them with vegetarian low sodium stock and boy, was it delicious. And it didn't impact my sugar whatsoever (but them I'm really strict in my diet).

I also made a sugar free apple pie today (with splenda).

You could never tell the difference. Never did this before in my life. It's a lot of fun.

Take care and Happy sprouting!!!

lol

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote