Thread: one month in...
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 04:48 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Mom in pain RSD,

I'm so sorry you have RSD. The good news is you were diagnosed early. I wouldn't say your symptoms are mild. I've had RSD 12 years, now full body. Started the day after breast biopsy, swollen arm, shooting pains, frozen shoulder. Wasn't correctly diagnosed for 4 years. Had many other symptoms. It's important you get treatment as soon as possible. Did you read the message from the lady who went to florida for nerve block. She had nerve block before but done correctly. Just make sure you have an experienced Dr who has done many blocks. Ask questions. Is the Dr. an anethesiologist with RSD experience?

You really are in a good place to get full remission. I know you want to get off the opiods, who doesn't. It's my understanding it's best for you to go in for the block, relaxed
so the procedure doesn't stress your sypmathetic nervous system. I would ask the Dr. if he recommends an anti-anxiety med for the procedure. I take lorazepam 2 mg. and they help me more than vicodin. It calms my system down.

There are a lot of caring friends here. Please let us know how you are doing. Take care, Loretta Jewell
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DianaA (12-31-2008)