Thread: TN Newbie
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 08:39 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hello don

Sorry to have to meet like this, but welcome to the most compassionate and caring forum on the internet.

My symptoms are Atypical so I can't really help you, but I just wanted to let you know that someone will come along soon to assist you. In the meantime read all the stickies that are posted at the beginning of the TN Posts.

My pain is very sporadic and was diagnosed with sinus, ear infection, etc for years and finally had MRI scans done on my head and was then diagnosed with TN. My pain is all concentrated in and around the immediate right ear. Very painful when it hits, but thank God infrequent so far. Go back and try to find my other posts to see if any of it sounds familiar. Or do a search in the forums for the meds that you are taking. I too was terrified when I went home and looked up TN on the internet - so I can truly sympathize with you there. BTW - heat applied to my ear helps better than the tegretol that I was prescribed. It works for some, and makes some worse. You decide if it is worth a try.

Try not to panic, and take care of yourself, hope you get relief soon.

Rhonda
Bassetcase is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote