Thread: one month in...
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 10:47 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaA View Post
Now is the time to act!
I have had RSD since 1989, full body, 20 years in July. The blocks gave me temporary relief. If I could suggest anything.......

I know this will be tough, but ask about Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy now! Before too much time passes. I think you could have some amazing results with therapy at the onset. I wish everyone could get HBOT at the onset of injury like our athletes do.
Best wishes on a speedy recovery. Diana
Thank you for replying. I live pretty much in the middle of nowhere. I will have to check to see if there is a HBOT near me. Thanks for the advice. I keep pressing the docs to DO something quickly......no one seems to be in a rush to get me treated but ME. The holidays have complicated scheduling treatment. It is possible I have already had this since October (I fell down the stairs and sprained my ankle.....the swelling wouldn't go away but I wasn't having the burning PAIN and extensive swelling or color changes I'm having now since the surgery).

The surgery was SUPPOSED to remove what he thought was a ganglion cyst on my ankle. No MRI was done to confirm.....he just cut into me. NOW I'm having all these symptoms. I think he knows he screwed up. I would like to get the nurse in a headlock for ignoring me when I called the office every day the week following my surgery. I kept TELLING her something was very wrong and how much excruciating pain I was in. They refused to even see me. I have a general mistrust of doctors anyway and this is not getting me off to a good start. He wasn't even kind to me when he diagnosed me when I went in to get my stitches out. He just dropped the bomb (I had never heard of it before, so I had no idea how bad this was until later when I did the research) and hauled butt out of the room.

Again.....thanks for the advice. My husband will check into whether there is a HBOT within driving distance of me.....perhaps in Chicago??? I pray that someone finds a cure for this disease quickly for ALL our sake.
MominPainRSD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DianaA (12-31-2008), loretta jewell (12-31-2008)