View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 11:22 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default tooth pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by EE03 View Post
Hi Don,

Welcome, but sorry you are here. Your situation sounds familiar to me, although I wasn't diagnosed for years. I would get the intense pain that presented as tooth abcess and effected the teeth or get the sinus pain without any other symptoms of a sinus infection. I was treated for a lot of sinus infections I didn't have and I have also lost a lot of molars due to pain when they really shouldn't have been reomved. Some anticonvulsants do work really quick and can dull the pain. I have taken neurontin a couple years ago and recall that it did help with the intense pain, although I suspect I was on too low a dose to really know how good it would work. I changed doctors and changed meds and was put on lyrica.

If I were you, I would definately want to see a neurologist, preferably one who has experience with TN. They are best equipped to fix you up with the best meds for the conditon although its sounds as though you got a good Doc and PA who recognized the conditon very quickly. Anyway, check out the TNA website in the stickies. There is a lot of good information in there, and let us know how you get on.

Take care, Ellena
Thanks Ellena, I am wondering about the tooth pain. I have one tooth that feels like its abcessed, I can only eat on the right side of my mouth, (The tooth is on my left, as is the rest of my pain). How does one differentiate between a real tooth problem and a TN flare up there? Also, if TN comes and goes?, does one stop taking thier meds to find out or is there an obvious lack of pain that would suggest a remission? Thanks alot, Don
Donald 2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote