Thread: one month in...
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 11:26 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

First I would like to say welcome due to this unnecessary pain. I have had rsd or crps for almost 8 years now and had no diagnosis of it until 3 years after I got it. I know the feeling when it feels as if your doc has given up on you. It seems I have a lot in common with you in other ways. My pain started in my dominant(left) hand and has gone into my shoulder neck area of the left side. I am having the same symptoms in my right hand and am having a lot of pain in my knees, calves, and feet and it seems as if my pain doc has given up on me. I am fighting with work comp as we speak because it was a work related injury. My attorney even said it sounds like my pain doc is just tired of me and just wants to give up on me. I asked my attorney what does that do to the patient? He says I know. I said no you don't know. The pain is getting worse and my pain doc won't do anything for me and I can't get him to refer me to a neurologist with it being work related. I can't do it on my own because I have no health insurance and can't get any due to my rsd. The pain doc is my authorized doc so he has to be the one to take care of me and make my referrals. So I guess I can say I am screwed. I am scared to death of what might happen if they don't do something to help me soon. I am so afraid of being in a wheel chair at age 35. I am like you I don't have any friends around my area so I am a loner. My family has given up on my so I feel like I have nothing. Life just isn't fair. Some how some way we all pull through our trial and trebulations but we wonder how. You sound like you are a very strong person and I know you can make it through this. WE all stick together on this website so you have nothing to worry about. You can talk about anything or ask any questions and we will all do the best we can to help you and others. Good luck and you are in my prayers.

Sincerely,
Tracy(screwballpookie)
screwballpookie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DianaA (12-31-2008), loretta jewell (12-31-2008)