View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 04:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Pretty in Pink!!
I know that AA and NA are not for everyone..you are not the 1st person to feel that way...I used to go thru periods of time when I did not feel they could help me...then life happens and I went back because after all of this time sober..I know I need them. Have you tried different meetings in other areas...I used to go to different towns...all of them are different but hey...they are people and people are different!! Some we will connect with...some we won't!
Please be careful Pretty in Pink.....I have went thru what you re talking about. Bottom line....an alcoholic is an alcoholic...and addcit is an addict ..I used to ponder whether I really was or not after I was sober for a while....thank God I never went back out there...I am the real McCoy....a real alcoholic...and I cannot and I will never be able to safely drink again...ever....because I am an alcoholic and if you are an alcoholic...or an addict...you will always be one...unfortunately it does not go away. We just learn how to live by learning to live without it...if you were an alcoholic/addict then you still are. If you are drinking socially you are playing with your life!!!! Maybe you should speak to a coucellor to try to figure out if you really have an issue with alcohol/drugs...and go from there. I have known many people who have been in your shoes as well that are no longer with us. Life is precious...you are worth it!!

LOVE DORRIE!!