View Single Post
Old 11-29-2006, 08:27 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

I will never forget the first time I got my first VCR. It was 25 years ago. It was a quasar and it was the old top-loading kind. Alan and I taped all darn day. When he got home from work, well, it was the best thing since sliced bread.

The first time I had to program the stupid thing, the clock was flashing and I ran next door to my neighbors. It took her one hour to show me how to do the clock. ONE HOUR. Forget about programming it. A new store opened up down the block. It was called a VIDEO STORE. You went there and rented tapes. Cost $.99 a day.

Twenty five years later, some tapes are still $1.00 a day.

But my local video store is not getting any more VHS tapes. They say companies don't make movies and put them out on tape any more. Only dvd's. I HATE DVD's.

I now have 4 vcrs. All panasonic. I tape all the time and Alan and I exchange tapes. You can't do that with a TIVO. So I prefer taping and exchanging tapes. I'd be lost without my vcr's. I got my 4th one last week. Didn't cost me a thing. My girfriend around the corner threw her's out because she didn't know how to use it. I took it right home, plugged it in and called her and said "thanks". she burst out laughing.

Here's to VCR's.

melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote