View Single Post
Old 01-01-2009, 04:18 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

((hugs)) to you!

Your headaches are most likely the result of demyelination. The axons which join the neural cells in a particular area of your brain have lost the myelin sheath. The myelin protects the brain from the electrical activity occurring (thoughts, feelings, movements, etc.). I highly recommend you getting in to see another neurologist asap- the demyelination can also cause seizures, movement disorders, mood disorders, difficulty talking, etc. All depending upon where the lesion within the brain is. Seizures, however, can be the result of speedy electrical activity in any area of the brain. (I have a lot of experience w/ this subject too, LOL!)

Please check out this link: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1...ubmed_RVDocSum

You really should have a PET scan, SPECT, EEG, as well as neuropsychological testing done in order to determine the effect/s the demyelination is currently having on your life.

I wish you the very best! I have experienced that horrible eye headache way too many times. This one has always been very intense for me- especially since my brain surgery! I have also experienced the ringing pulsating headache. It usually occurs if I don't take the Maxalt in time. The Maxalt won't stop a migraine like that, unless I take a couple.

Hope that this post brings you faith, inspiration (to get a decent neuro!), and understanding. How 'bout just one of those emotions? Pleeeease

Take care,
Shez
shezbut is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PJAMES (01-01-2009)