View Single Post
Old 01-01-2009, 10:50 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I have been thru biofeedback training, way long ago...way before PN, and I am able to control the temperature of my distal body parts, which means, I can control vasodilation to some extent. It's been 20 years now, and I don't think my skills are as good or body as willing to conform.

I think there ARE non drug ways to help with pain, and if they work, it is best to use them. I took myself way, way down on pain med type and dose. I have a polymorphism that just does not allow me to take drugs. I am stuck in the 'alternative' to a great extent. I used to generate my own opiates from exercise....well, can't do that anymore....at least that I am aware of.

I do watch my diet, without being obsessive. Take vits without being obsessive, and in general try to do things that increase the quality of my life.

I think there is room for all kinds of ideas, and no one should feel a failure if some more natural methods don't work, nor should they discount natural methods without at least researching them.

Every one must walk their own path.

In the new year, I think every one can make a commitment to improve their own health in their own way. Since I can't drink booze that is one resolution I don't have to make....so, I am going to walk more, stretch, and eat less chocolate, and I joined a sustainable living social group. Yahoooo, I am a good time.
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dahlek (01-01-2009)