View Single Post
Old 01-01-2009, 12:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up You have us......

I know this is a small consolation, but you do have us! We understand what it is like to feel awful, but "look" normal - therefore people don't understand our illness.........It also stinks that so little is known about MG in the general public - everyone knows about MS, but MG is still rare -of course we would get this rare disease...............

Sounds like your family is in denial - like mine! I love going to work and taking care of my niece, but there are days when I have to work from home and just can't take care of my little girl.............IV IG always helps! In fact, it makes me feel amazing! Wish I could get it all the time!!!!!!

When were you diagnosed? What meds are you on? Do you have a good neuro? I'd love to hear more about you when you have time!

It's been almost 1 yr since my diagnosis (March 6th) and thymectomy (April 22) and I have really good days!

Hang in there!!!!

Erin
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmom2 View Post
I have no support at all except my grandmother who just recently started doing it......but stlil doest understand the disease......my husband I dont' know what his problem is......he has spoken with my doctor, read some literature........but the other day I was having a bad flare up .....weakness in upper ext. and double vision for about 3 weeks.....but siince I was albe to go get my neice a christmas present 2 days before that in the am.....he refused to drive me to the hospital.....and this is jus a mere example...........