View Single Post
Old 01-01-2009, 02:35 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Okay, here's the first step.

Anything you buy in a grocery store (unless it's labeled organic), it will have been exposed to pesticides. So don't go there.

Buy a bag of any organic bean, seed, anything that can be sprouted.

Just know that after you sprout beans, you should sautee them (or add them to soups). They might have a natural toxin. This just applies to beans (especially kidney beans). So I don't do kidney beans.

The beans I do sprout are black turtle beans. I supposed I'll get to other beans later.

Today I made a home-made soup with all my sprouts.

I had sprouted lentils, green peas and black turtle beans (all in the same jar, it's just easier.)

So to start off with, get some organic anything. Put in a glass jar, put water up to half of the jar. Soak over night.

Next day, drain off ALL THE WATER. You don't want the seeds/beans WET. You want to drain well!!

do this for 4 to 5 days. Rinsing and draining twice a day if you can manage.

after 3 days you will see the little sprouts.

If you do any kind of beans, put them in a nice broth, add some carrots, simmer, and you'll love this.

If you sprouts seeds, give 5 or so days, and add them to your salad. it really is fun.

Melody

P.S. Buy some buckwheat groats. Follow directions. it's good for diabetes. I told you this in a previous post.

P.P.S. I just bought a rack, put it together and it HAS ALL MY SPROUT JARS ON IT.

Take a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl0Gh3oSOio

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote