View Single Post
Old 01-01-2009, 06:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default 3T MRI Machine!! YAY!

I'm very excited. Got my MRI of my brain and c-spine done on a 3T magnet MRI w & w/o contrast. I quipped to the MRI tech that I was hoping that it would make a difference--that no radiologist had ever seen anything on my brain MRI but neurologists had.

So I get the results. I'm abnormal! YAY!! This is my first MRI with abnormal results by a radiologist. WooHoo!!! (Um.... is that sick to be so happy about that??)

So here is what it said:

Findings: There are subtle foci of flair hyperintensity in the anterior body/genu of corpus callosum, mid callosal-septal interface, right posterior periventricular white matter, and left frontal subcortical white matter without enhancement, edema, or mass effect.

Impression: Foci of abnormal signal intensity in the corpus callosum and the gray-white matter could represent early imaging manifestations of demyelinating disease such as MS. Differential dx include Lyme's and neurosarcoidosis.

So my doc, not the neuro, got the results and wants to do another Lyme test. nope. Just been there done that at the Rheumatologist--I'm negative. I'm also negative for sarcoidosis. It's my understanding from what I've read that you generally don't develop neurosarcoidosis unless you have sarcoidosis first.

I have to fax this off to my neuro. But I"m kind of excited that this is abnormal. I realize that "subtle foci" isn't huge, but I don't care. Subtle is better than "normal brain."

Most of you think I'm abnormal anyway..... Now I have medical documentation that I am.
AZjanie (01-03-2009), braingonebad (01-02-2009), dmplaura (01-01-2009), PolarExpress (01-03-2009), Riverwild (01-02-2009), sabimax (01-02-2009), SallyC (01-02-2009), SandyC (01-02-2009), Twinkletoes (01-03-2009), TwoKidsTwoCats (01-02-2009)