Thread: Cymbalta
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2009, 07:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I tried Cymbalta (30 mg 1x a day) for just a few days and it really helped w/ the stiffness, weakness & pain. However, I couldn't cope with the nausea, dizziness & loss of balance. I did not leave my apt for fear of losing my balance & fracturing a bone.

I've since learned that it comes in 20 mg. doses and I am considering asking him to start me on that and then titrate up to 60 mg. pd. I began having FMS symptoms just before I was dx'd w/ cancer -- 10 years ago -- and it worsened during & after chemotherapy. The most common diagnoses I was given were that I had peripheral neuropathy from the chemo & maybe some kind of undifferentiated autoimmune thing. EMGs, MRIs, etc. came back negative. It has taken me about 8 years to get a "sort of" dx of FMS. As have most people on this forum, I've tried all kinds of medications (neurontin, elavil, celexa, welbutrin, valium, you name it). None has helped nearly as much as Cymbalta.

I've heard that the nausea & dizziness disappear after 2 weeks or so. I'd love to hear of others' experiences w/ Cymbalta.
antonina is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Doody (01-02-2009), warbelsnap (01-01-2009)