Thread: shunt problems
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2009, 08:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Jadiee-X,

I'm so glad that I found this forum and people who are experiencing similar issues! I completely understand what you mean about drs thinking you're a hypochondriac. I think I'm at that stage myself. I've been to a bunch of different drs lately and no one seems to know what the issue is...they just pass me on to the next!

I'm having the abdominal pain issue, too. It's been happening for almost a year now that I get sharp stabbing pains in my lower right abdominal area. I've been to my family dr who sent me to the Ob/gyn to make sure there were no issues there. Then to a general surgeon. Had a diagnostic laparoscopy in September where he found extensive adhesions throughout that area of my abdominal cavity. Removed my appendix because that was involved and had to dissect all the scar tissue from my intestines and abdominal wall. We were hoping that the pain would go away after the adhesions were removed...it got worse!

So on to a neurosurgeon. He doesn't think it's from my shunt. I do. It feels like I'm being stabbed from the inside. Sometimes I can't even walk or take a deep breath. Many times I can't pick up my 3 year old...

I am at a loss as to what to do next! How did you get the dr to figure out the shunt was the issue?

Jenn
jenna1398 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote