View Single Post
Old 01-01-2009, 09:54 PM
visitor

15 yr Member
visitor

15 yr Member
Default Pain After Extraction

I had my second upper molar (tooth 2) extracted 6 days ago. The socket looks ok and I am having the stitches removed tomorrow. I have been doing a lot of reading and now fear that my sinus may have been perforated. I have intermittent pain right next to my nose about an inch above my nostril. The spot is almost on the nose itself and adjoining cheek. The cheek was a little swollen until today and maybe this is just soreness. I am 58 years old so maybe I heal slower. I went to a well known oral surgeon with an excellent reputation. He didn't say anything about a perforation and I didn't notice if he irrigated it. I was so scared that I just remember the extraction taking about 2 minutes and the stitches. I didn't ask any questions afterwards because my mouth was packed with gauze. The tooth did have an infection at he tip which he saw when he removed it.

I read that you can tell if there's a perforation by gargling and seeing if the water comes out of your nose or drinking and seeing the same. I am afraid to gargle right now as I have been so careful to do everything right, the salt water, etc. Can this just be soreness? The whole area is still sore so hopefully that's all it is but I am getting scared. Is it usual to have pain in the cheek and nose area for a week after?
sandy60 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote