Thread: Twitching
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2009, 10:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hello Brat,

I have had the exact same thing going on but with my left eye. It started last January and has not stopped. It is funny but I described it to my neuro the same way you described yours. It is like my eye has its own heartbeat. My twitch is so strong that it actually pulls my eyeball up and to the side. It is also very noticeable to other people and they ask me about it. It drives me crazy.

My neuro and neuro-ophthalmologist both said it could be due to my brain lesions but first they tried to rule out other causes. Just as Laura said, they tried to blame it on lack of sleep, stress, overuse of computers, etc. They did send me to get blood work because low levels of certain minerals(especially magnesium) can cause this problem as can electrolyte imbalances. I already take magnesium every day and my levels were fine. Both docs said that eye twitching is normal even in people that don't have brain lesions but I said, "For 11 months straight?" They didn't have an answer for me once I said that.

I was given eye drops and they did not help. I am convinced that it is my brain. I already have a lovely case of double vision for the last 5 years caused by my lesions so why not a twitching eye. One of my lesions caused 4th cranial nerve paralysis so maybe one is causing my eye to be gimpy.

Definitely let your docs know and maybe they can help you get to the bottom of this. I haven't been able to get my twitch to go away but I keep hoping that is just going to stop one day. Good luck and I wish you a Happy Twitchless New Year!
Pacifica is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote