View Single Post
Old 01-02-2009, 10:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi Barbara!

I am so sorry you are having to go through this.......I am newly diagnosed (well, 10 months ago) and still have dark times, but Paxil has been a great help for me........It sounds like you have no support system........your family needs a jolt of reality.....No one wants to have MG.....none of us like being heavily medicated in order to survive, but we do what we have to in order to LIVE!!!!!!!

I am 34 with a 16 yr old son and hubby that is the best - most of the time......he still doesn't get the whole "feeling great one minute and crashinbg the next" but he is trying to.......cuz' I told him if he couldn't deal with it I'd leave him.........Sounds drastic, I know, but most of my family calls this my "lazy bone" disease - lazy bone? It danr near killed me - spent a lot of time in the ICU for a crisis.........My little sis and I were always very close until my diagnosis, now she gets mad when I have to work from home or can't watch my niece.........Family, can't live with them - can't live without them..........Do you have an MG support group where you live? I have one here in SA and it has really helped! I brought my hubby with me so he could hear others talk about this disease........MY FIL has been the best - truly. He always visits me @ the hosp and just sits there - no feigned or forced conversation........AS for the rest of them, they'll just have to suck it up and deal with it. I don;t have the time or the energy to have negative people around me anymore.........

You may want to ask your doc about some meds to deal with your depression...........It has really helped me out a lot!!!!!

Hang in there!!!! If you need to talk anytime, I'm here for you!

Erin Hermes
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmom2 View Post
Hi, My name is Barbara.....I was diagnosed almost 5 yrs ago at 27 just after having my second daughter.......I was is shock.....I had a thyoma so large they had to crack amy chest open.......so I had to go live my ex inlaws because I couldn't lift the baby (who was born with the sympoms and was a Vanderbilt for a month getting feeding tube )------anyway-----I felt and still do......like I died and was left with the shell of a body.....no one understood, they still don't.....My deppression is so bad that most of the time I think why coudln'd I just got cancer adn died.....something someone knew about.......I still am not coping with what is going on......I have no support or understanding. My doctors have tried to expain it to my family but.....who can understand that someone can be fine one minute and have to go to bed the nextl.
Sorry I got off on myself, but just wanted you to know tht you aren't alone.