View Single Post
Old 01-02-2009, 10:59 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I don't quite understand what you are saying Harry. I was remarking that lady express 44 would not take the risk of tysabri with odds of 1:1000, yet she continues to smoke.

Odds of lung cancer are more like the 1:500, and 1:20 with smoking. One report I read recently stated 1 in 4 smokers would develop lung cancer, and most died within 18 months of developing the disease. A lot worse prognosis than PML with tysabri. But with all her research I'm sure she knows that already.

She wants everyone to have the right figures to base their decisions on whether or not to take tysabri. I just wonder why it is so important to her for us on tysabri, and those future users to know whether we're dealing with 1:1000 or some other figures. Yes, there is a risk. I answer those questions every infusion I get. Yes, I feel crappy for 1/2 hour after the infusion, having chills and headaches that aren't a lot of fun. The rest of the month I'm super!

Any med we take has an inherent risk. And it is a choice we make, just as smoking is a choice we make. I probably lived for many many years not knowing I had MS. I know for sure I went for four years with MS before being dx'd because it is a symptom that remains with me.

I felt and did much better on no medicine. It is a choice now to be on tysabri to keep from getting disabled 20 years down the road. I plan on living a long, long time.