View Single Post
Old 01-02-2009, 12:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

You do make judgments.

Quote:
What has annoyed me personally though, since the very first questionable event with this drug/company, is there have been a handful of very vocal people (including those who are not even on it) who continuously deny every unfavorable event or issue surrounding this drug. Comments such as:

- “she didn’t really have MS” (so therefore that Tysabri/PML case doesn’t count), or
- “he took an immunosuppressant or immunomodulatory drug in conjunction” (and that’s the ONLY reason he got PML), or
- “there is a rumor that he might not have really had PML” (so we won’t count that one either), or
- “those people in Europe aren’t on TOUCH” (so “perhaps” the PML wasn’t caught early enough... “oops”), or
- “she might have died from another treatment” (even if it THAT treatment was only required to combat the PML caused by Tysabri)
- Etc.
You like to correct everyone and show how your research is better.

Quote:
- you don’t need to worry about ME being biased towards any treatment option, as I have had MS for 18+ years and have never even been on any DMD. Either way, it’s not a competition, at least from a patient perspective.

However, since you are missing some of the information you need to make an informed argument, I will provide a very quick synopsis on the numbers . .
Quote:
If you are more comfortable quoting whatever numbers you feel ok with, that is entirely up to you. I will stick (and answer) to the numbers I believe are correct. If reality (from someone else’s perspective, that apparently you don’t agree with anyway) “scares” you . . . perhaps you shouldn’t be have taken the risk associated to this med . . .?
You didn't answer my question.

And before you say I didn't bring up your bad habits, I know full well that my being overweight is a problem with my MS. I'm trying to lose the weight, I get up and walk every morning to keep my body moving, etc. Food is a necessity that can also become an addiction. But I blame myself for that addiction, just as smokers have to blame themselves for their addiction. It is a choice for both of us.