View Single Post
Old 01-02-2009, 04:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default failed sympathetic block

Oh team.....my block did not go well. This was my first one and by the time I got home (20 minutes later) my foot was swollen twice its normal size and red and hot (I never did get the "warm" sensation that I've heard is supposed to happen). The swelling makes it hard to walk again. I had to take a Vicodin before I even left the hospital parking lot. I am so depressed. I was so hoping that this would do SOMETHING to at least give me hope. I was able to move my foot around while still in the hospital so I don't know if the swelling is from the block itself or a response to me moving it around so much (I was elated at first that I seemed to have more mobility in it). I may go try to soak in Epsom salts to see if that will help with the swelling. I'm supposed to have another block next Wednesday. I don't know if he will proceed with that since this one did not work. I've called his office to let them know. They told me to stay on the pain meds. Did anyone else have this reaction??? I feel pretty certain he just didn't get the injection in the right spot. Any suggestions???
MominPainRSD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote