View Single Post
Old 11-29-2006, 10:04 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Suzanne, Know that you have my heart felt sympathy to be going through all that you are.
I was with my Father in his dying days back in 1995 when he passed away from liver cancer, his actually started in his colon but had spread to the liver by the time it was found.
You have already gotten some very good advice here and I have to say that if not for hospice I don't know how we all would have dealt..
Although hospice will only step iin if a patient is willing to sign that they will not continue to take life saving measures such as chemo or anything that will prolong death and have a dx of 6 months or less.
I know my father lived for almost 2yrs after his dx of 6 months and they helped all the way and they will no matter how long you may go on as long as you agree to theyr terms.
My father after trying chemo and other methods said he rather live life without all the side effects he was getting from those methods and hospice took really good care of him and keep him as pain free as possible and supported us all through it all.
I have to say that everything they told us to expect was right and on the tee, I never would have thought that the proces of dying from cancer would be so much a like for each person.
Even if he choices to continue with treatment I believe that hospice could give you some very excellent advice and support.
I'm happy that you posted this here as youalso need support and others to talk with.
Know you and your DH are in my thoughts and prayers.
Very gentle hugs to you
Linda
LindaM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote