View Single Post
Old 01-02-2009, 06:08 PM
visitor

15 yr Member
visitor

15 yr Member

Bryanna, the cheek pain is subsiding and the dentist said if it persists, see an ENT dr. I now have a salty taste but made a separate post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy60 View Post
Thank you so much for the quick reply, Brianna. I am new here and more nervous than most people about my teeth since I have had a lot of work done. My surgeon didn't do the test you mentioned. I am hesitant to ask him if he irrigated it because I don't want him to feel I'm questioning his expertise. It all went so fast and I had my eyes closed because when I saw the pliers, I freaked! I will ask him though if there was a sinus exposure or perforation. I would think he would have told me...I wlso want to know if there was, did he treat or fix it. Googling has taught me so much here, maybe more than I wanted to know. I think of people years ago, ouur grandparents who had a million teeth removed and didn't think about or worry and they were fine. Anyway, I am having pains on the other side also, ear, chin, TMJ...I am just a nervous wreck but primarily, this pain on the side of my nose concerns me because it wasn't there before. Can they see a perforation on a regular periapical x-ray? They did a Panorex already beforehand and I'd hate to go through all that radiation again. Or would I need a sinus x-ray? Hopefully, this is all in my mind and will be ok but will be glad to post tomorrow and thanks again! Oh, one more question...if they had to repair it, do they have to re-open the same spot? I worried so much about dry socket and scared to go through this again.
sandy60 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote