View Single Post
Old 01-02-2009, 06:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smirk me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali12 View Post
I am SO sorry that you are dealing with all of this and hope and pray that you get some much needed answers real soon

As the others have already stated, you are at a point where many of us have been or still are unfortunately. I don't suffer from MS but suffer from another neurological illness that is fairly similar and it took me 4 and a half months to get an accurate diagnosis. I had to go to 5 different hospitals and must have seen about 50 different doctors before I got a proper diagnosis.

I totally understand some of what you are going through and am always here for you if you ever want to talk. I understand how frustrating it is whilst you are waiting for a diagnosis and I think sometimes, it is better to know what is the matter rather than not because whilst you are waiting for a diagnosis, you can convince yourself that you have anything. I did that quite a lot before I was diagnosed and it was probably the worst thing that I could ever have done but I wasn't getting answers from any doctors so me and my mum decided to do some research ourselves.

If you aren't happy with your current Neurologist, I would really suggest getting a second opinion. That is what we did and I know many other people that have and it has been well worthwhile.

Hang in there, I know how frustrated you are but once you get a diagnosis and a doctor that cares, it is well worth the waiting!!! We are all here to support you whether you have MS or not.

Please keep us updated when you can and I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!
I really enjoyed your response. It puts into writing all the frustration that i have experienced this past year. I went from being a work horse that did remodled my own house and was starting on a new one, to a person that is worn out just by brushing my hair. I can no longer drive due to the dizziness and I only manage to make it to work, one or two days a week. The rest of the week is spent laying in bed wishing that i could find somebody that doesn't think i am nuts.

My current neurologist says that because MRI shows no lesions and my spinal tap doesn't show abnormal protiens that I do not have MS. He says that I have fybromailgia (to explain the muscle fatigue and pain), narcolepsy (to explain the numbness), and some sort of heart problem ( to explain dizziness).

I am so frustrated. There is only so long that employer will continue to pay my salary with out me being there. I have 4 daughters that I have always raised on my own. I have had to move in with my mother and step-father in order to survive. I sure wish there was some way for the doctors to be able to detect MS earlier. Thanks for listening to my rambling!
avanliew is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote