Thread: eye yi yie...
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2006, 10:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Bear View Post
mistofviolets: Blood work just got done, and the doc did say something about pancreatitis, so he is looking.

I wouldn't let him eat anything besides rice and bananas yesterday so he didn't ralf his little guts up, but he isn't really happy with me either.

I just keep hoping it will pass and never come back. sigh.
I'd be interested to know what they run, and the results
Last year I had a massive attack of abdominal pain, and what not :P (all sorts of lovely joy) that left me a good 20 lbs lighter and feeling aged well beyond my 28 years. They found increased lipase levels, and further testing showed that my lipase levels seem to increase when my abdominal symptoms increase; but don't raise enough to be caused by pancreatitis. (In essence, though they obviously are cause or effect, they mean nothing substantial.)

I'm not wishing a mystery on you by any means, just would be nice to know I''m not the only one this happens to!

Another thought...if it *is* allergy related, this would be a good time to follow through on an elimination diet (broth etc) and slowly reintro foods. Of course he'll hate it, but, in the end...if it brings answers, I'm sure he'll thank you (eventually anyways) I'm glad you got into the dr and some action is being taken. Its hard to watch your children suffer, and then have to fight for the medical people to DO what they're supposed to. *sigh*
mistofviolets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote