View Single Post
Old 01-02-2009, 08:46 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I think our medical system does need reform...I believe Germany is a country that has found some balance. There you can have your employer paid for insurance and all are covered by universal care.

In our system, if you lose your job, you lose your insurance. I live in the midwest where millions have lost manufacturing jobs. If my husband got sick and could not work, after some time, our insurance would be gone. I would join the ranks of the uninsured. Something has to be done.

Being a recipient of IVIG, I realize that if I lived in Canada or UK, this would likely be denied. I don't think our system is going to go that route, however, I imagine an argument could be made that to deny people basic care and allow some one Cadillac care is somehow unethical. I know of some members that are likely not getting IVIG due to Medicare not covering it??

However this is a new world, and this is politics, which is a hot potato subject and one that will cause much rancor on this forum...I am not getting my feet wet with that one on here. I think we need a separate forum for politics!
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote