View Single Post
Old 11-29-2006, 10:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Angry

((((((Wish)))))),

You need to stop seeing her NOW.

You don't realize this now; but, you will. She's doing more harm than good. She actually could be brought up on charges for behaving like this.

I don't know if she's a psychiatrist or a psychologist or a psychiatric social worker or some other UFT (unidentified flying therapist).

The thing that most people don't realize is that therapists have gone through their own therapy before they went into business. If they are having a particular problem with one of their patients/clients, they are supposed to see "their own" therapist and work it out.

It sounds like she's got 'issues' (AKA 'buttons') and you're pushing all of them.

It's totally inappropriate for her to be assigning all sorts of characters flaws to you when she's obviously the one with the issues.

Make one more call and ask her to refer you to someone else IMMEDIATELY. Do not see her again.

I went through something similar with a new therapist. I had no problems at all with his behavior. But, as I learned more about therapy and what's appropriate and what isn't, I realized that he had overstepped boundaries. Nothing illegal. Just something that came back to cause me a lot of problems and a lot of self-doubt. You don't need anything like this. BUT, it's what you'll get if you continue this game with her.

Don't be offended by what I'm going to say. I'm speaking from years/decades of being in therapists' offices. You sound like you have a little manipulative streak. It's mirroring in her. This is NOT meant at all as a criticism. I'm the same way. We're the ones that can get things done because people will do for us. It's called 'manipulation' -- it's NOT a character flaw -- it's a strength.

It's causing you problems because it's bringing something out in her that should NOT be coming out. She sounds like she's not a very good therapist. She also sounds like she has no strength of character.

If you're in therapy because you have 'issues' that you want to sort out, or because you want to take a close look at your life and your history and make some changes -- you are NEVER going to be able to accomplish anything with this therapist because she's in a rut.

Remember I mentioned before that you can usually only go so far with any particular therapist because you eventually outgrow them?? That's what's happened here -- you've outgrown her and you need someone with more education and more strength and a different technique.

I'm not a therapist and I don't even play one on TV I've been through years and years and years of every single kind of therapy there is in The Universe. I've seen good doctors and bad doctors. Good social workers and bad social workers. I've seen people that shouldn't be in practice because they're psychiatricly dangerous -- I think that's the sitch that you're in. I'm basing my comments all on my own personal experience.

I'm not judging you. I'm trying to help so that you don't have to go through any of the K-R-A-P that I went through.

BIG HUGS.

Barb
moose53 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote