Thread: power chair
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2006, 10:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Medicare has now approved to purchase travel chair the Pride Z which is really the GO Chair with a small modification on the battery box. They are also covering a new travel chair Melody by Sunrise/Quickie. edited to add that medicare covers travel chairs for ppl fall in catergory 1 which is also for scooters.

I found on Sunrise/quickie website the allogrithum sp? it goes thru each step/question. if you say yes to first group of question they recommend a scooter. if say no continue on into group 2. which are basic or a few rehab power chairs. then group 3 is shown what is recommended. they even highligted in yellow Medicare Picks. its amazing how difficult its going to be for ppl to get devices they need in a timely manner. and the rules seem very strict and "controlled" on what will be provided.

if i could get by with the travel scooter or even the revo scooter i have now which already have lift on SUV for, I would. unfortunately i need more support and better manueverability, i.e. tight turning radius.

gentle hugs to you all
marfla

Last edited by marfla; 11-29-2006 at 10:43 PM.
marfla is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote