View Single Post
Old 01-03-2009, 12:55 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default Apparently the MS has made me stupid.

Three years ago I could have done this without directions. Now I have no clue how to do this.

My less than a year old tv died today...well, I can still get sound, so technically now it's a radio. (It's still under manufacturers warranty, and I have a 4yr warranty with Best Buy, but the manufacturer is Westinghouse and they only have 2 repair service places in the U.S. and from what I've read about them, the repair centers suck and take forever to fix anything...never buying another Westinghouse tv ever again)

I borrowed a tv from my dad while I wait till tuesday for Best Buy to come and declare the tv dead and haul it away (and hopefully give me a new tv because I have the warranty).

I cant get the stupid borrowed tv connected to my cable box and Tivo.

First, the crappy a/v wires that the cable company gave me are too short. So, I switched to brand new wires that are longer, except that the plugs are blue, green and red, instead of the white, red and yellow the old cables were. So, that's a problem. I dont even know if these things will work now. I have no idea which input to plug them into now

I've tried several different configurations of the wires and I cant get anything to work...the borrowed tv wont even turn on. (I'm guessing it knows it doesnt have a signal and that's why...maybe?)

All I want to do now is sit here and cry because apparently the MS trolls have eaten the part of my brain that used to know how to connect a stupid cable box.

I called the cable company, and they REFUSE to help me because I want to connect a Tivo and "they dont do that", so they hung up on me before I could even ask if they'll just help me connect the cable box. (I just want to be able to watch tv)

I called Best Buy for help and "that department is closed".

I looked on the internet, but my brain doesnt understand this crap anymore apparently and I cant figure out the stupid schematics.

Anyone else here ever notice that something that used to be easy for you is now the hardest thing in the world to understand?

I think my brain quit working, at least the part that used to be able to put things together without ever having to read the instructions (oh yeah, the cable company didnt give me any instructions for the installation...which I probably wouldnt understand anyways now)

I'm going to go sit on the floor and cry and stare at the blank tv.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
4boysmom (01-03-2009)