View Single Post
Old 01-03-2009, 03:47 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy

I wish you all luck with your efforts, for me, if I go off pain meds I will die! I have tried most and settled for the one that makes me feel in most control, but my pain will never leave, its a fact, and I have tried doing without, can't live like that! I take only what I have to, always have more then I should at Rx refill time, take all I have so they will know I am not abusing, when something is not working right I demand to try something else! My pain has never completely left me, just dulled, got off all the crazy nerve pain meds that was making me feel like I had dementia, Like Lyrica, Neurotin, stuff like that! They had me on Kadian 100 mg 3 x a day and Ms 15mg 2 x a day and valium 10 mg 3 x a day (so I can pee and keep away terrible muscle spasms) so I had them change the Kadian to Opana 40 mg 2 x a day and it helps a bit better but still hurts. Every month I have anywhere from 4 to 10 ms extra and this month so far halfway through have almost 6 extra Opana, and always have 20 or so extras valium every 3 months and this has went on for years so I know I am not an addict, no way! I have to learn to live with a certain amount of pain, no choice! So far constipation is not as bad on Opana, and other things wrong with my body is direct result of spinal cord injury from surgery caused it all, even the surgeon that did it said so, and my labs are perfect along with BP, ect, just this damm pain and curve in my back,sigh. I do know I am not an addict, my body is dependent on meds that help get me to bathroom and I have never felt high.I have not had alcohol since years before the meds! I agree if you can live without them, go for it, otherwise use it wisely and listen to Dr unless he is quack! I feel anyone that wants to detox should be under care of Dr, if at all possible!
I wish you all well that has a choice, some of us don't!
Back injury 1999, PN,DDD, Spinal Stenosis, Arthritis, Chronic pain, Lumbar Fusion 6-06, Pain Worse then Ever Since!10-10-06 Arachnoiditis! CES! now numbness from waist to thighs, bowel, bladder paralysis, self caths, chronic constipation. Left sided weakness! No appetite depression! Bed 22 hrs day!
Under care of PM 3 years. Diabetic, lost over 100 lbs was 300+, now 174 lbs. Normal labs, diet controlled!
Junie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote