Thread: help for sister
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2009, 01:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart Hi Michellern

Welcome! It always so sad to read another new post of someone with RSD. The fact the you have fibro and cfs certainly gives you a heads up, unfortunately. But it saddens my heart. I hope this post finds you doing well today. You will find a great support system here and you might introduce your sister to the forum, if you haven't already. I live in New Mexico. I will have been diagnosed with Full body RSD for 20 years in July 2009.
I think that we have to validate each others emotions, in the angry painful times as well as the upbeat positive days.
Also, encourage your sister to do what she can to her standards now
and not compare herself to the past or anyone elses standards.
Pacing myself has been one of the hardest things for me to get a grasp of.
Advocating for herself in regards to her treatment.
Reaching out to others, therapists or church councilors.
If she is new to RSD, then some personal research on RSD/CRPS is important to her. There are alternative treatments to investigate. The RSD Association is a good place to start www.rsds.org/ .
Don't give up hope and as someone told me when in trouble "Don't get desperate get Curious" . There will be desperate, hopeless days, along with happy hopeful ones.
Thats about all I can think of, now I'm sure the others will jump in. There is a pretty bright group of people here. I wish you and your sister all the best. Diana

Last edited by DianaA; 01-03-2009 at 03:00 PM. Reason: spelling
DianaA is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote