View Single Post
Old 09-09-2006, 03:59 PM
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RathyKay View Post
Well, I haven't been on the GS / CD forum very long. (Sorry Al, I didn't realize you weren't there as often. I have enjoyed your posting and I liked the "Roll Call" well enough to start it up over on Child Neuro.) I did a little bit of lurking on a few other forums while waiting for BT to come back to life. I probably should have looked harder. My main complaint with the other forums I visited was with the "celiac" obsession. My family is nowhere near "celiac." (And that one woman who kept posting that her dad has celiac and her daughter does too, but she keeps testing negative so she's happy to keep pulling the trigger until blood tests are otherwise.... Okay, she wasn't really posting the part about Russian Roulette, but she drove me up the wall everytime she mentioned her dad and daughter and that she tests negative.)

I did feel bad about Monica. I felt the one post was over the line, but she should have been judged based on all of her past postings and given a warning on that one. The only other banned poster I'm familiar with always kind of struck me as a rebel rouser, and while I did enjoy her postings (wondering how she was going to put her foot in her mouth this time), I wasn't surprised when she was finally banned.

I've also enjoyed BrainTalk for the other forums - kind of a one-stop-shopping. I really like the Child Neuro group. As I said to one of the other moms in an email, we're a bunch of misfits. Not just epilepsy, not just cerebral palsy, not just autism.... and lots of "we don't know what's wrong." And, it was nice to be able to cross-post a seizure question on the Epilepsy forum as well as Child Neuro. Others cross-posted with hydrocephaly / cerebral palsy, etc. I guess I don't like having to join twenty different forums.

Anyway, if you do end up finding a home somewhere else, I'd like to know where, so I know where I can go when the issue is more than celiac.

I guess I should also add that I NEVER looked under Forum Feedback or any of the other "General Subjects" forums on BT. I didn't realize there was so much anger and frustration at John Lester and the moderators. I never was a "big picture" person.
Kathy, I pretty much agree with everything you say. I hope BT comes back... but I feel like I am holding my breath and I don't what I'm going to do when I pass out. I've tried to mind my own business on BT and stick to on topic purposes, and tried never to get too involved in the goings ons (although I've probably been drawn in a bit more than you have...still, I liked to ignore those things).

Cara

Last edited by jccgf; 09-09-2006 at 04:08 PM.
jccgf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote