View Single Post
Old 01-03-2009, 11:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default What type of dr should I see?

Hi there;
Usually I am on the RSD site but have a question for this forum. What type of physician is the most common that diagnoses Fibromyalgia? Years ago I was having major aches, headaches and such and went to a dr (can't remember who or what type he was) and he diagnosed me with Fibro. I was a little hesitant with the diagnoses and had other medical issues thru the years so never really followed thru with it. Over the years I also had ups and downs with the symptoms - but nothing severe. Now I have had a knee replacement a year ago which did not go well and ended up with RSD also in the knee. I have not regained the movement of my knee and the pain of the RSD is not helping. But for the last 3-4 months I have had terrible aching in my feet, hands and arms mainly. It feels like a really bad case of flu - but worse. I can bearly walk (besides my knee issue) in the am when I get up. I usually go and take a hot shower for about 15 minutes which helps some. The pinpoints on my wrists, elbows and feet hurt like anything when I push on them. I dont think the RSD has spread - its a different type of pain. I have a feeling I might have fibro - but not sure who I should go to. Right now I have a Pain Management doc and an Ortho (but looking for a new one at the moment). I have been tested lately for Rhematoid Arthritis - but it was negative although the blood tests showed my inflamation level was high. Between this and the RSD - I am trying to keep moving - but the pain is keeping me from it and also from sleeping. Thanks for listening and for your response.

Lindkaye
lindkaye is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Doody (01-04-2009)