Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshue View Post
mrsD --

I'm going to pursue the celiac angle stronger in the coming days. Besides neuropathy, I've many CD symptoms (some for decades).

My initial blood work though - all IgA's/IgG's/IgM's, etc. - has come back negative. But I am going to get/insist on an endoscopy as soon as I can; maybe the genetic test too.

In the mean time, I've gone 'gluten free' (though I will have to fatten back up on gluten before any endoscopy), which is actually a hard thing to do. Not necessarily taste-wise, though palate adjustments need be made, but difficult in tracking down all those endless ingredients floating around in stuff.

No redness and flushing here (things can always be worse I guess). Just pain. Lots and lots of burning.

Thanks again for all the info on supplements and the like. It's a good thing you're doing out there.

-- Dennis
The reason I ask about flushing, is that Serotonin excess can cause burning too. Excess serotonin is made by carcinoid tumors in the GI tract (and some others, which may be in the lungs). This symptom is hard to pin down. People with carcinoid also have diarrhea, and wheezing. The wheezing comes latter when the tumor(s) metastasize.

Have you tried blocking the burning with AlkaSeltzer? This trick would reveal if the burning was allergic-histamine driven.
If you can take aspirin with no contraindications try it.
The buffering in the AlkaSeltzer blocks some receptors in the skin. But it is only temporary.

The last time I had the flu...about 3 yrs now, which was quite mild...I had burning all over for a few days. But it stopped as soon as I started getting better.

I would certainly avoid MSG at all costs. This artificial glutamate stimulates pain receptors. I have problems with it myself!

Keep us posted...I will continue to search around, like I always do.

For example, the people who are damaged by the drug family fluroquinolones (antibiotics), are now posting that IV glutathione helped. We have a member here that is going to get IV nutrients this way, and will keep us informed as to her success.
her thread:
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread68062.html

I don't have much experience with this treatment. But I have talked to patients with Fibro and similar chronic pain/fatigue frustrating problems that improved with the IV supplements.
Dr. Jay Cohen MD has posted recently on his website about IV glutathione and fluroquinolone side effects:
http://www.medicationsense.com/artic...ity070508.html

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote