View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 01:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseasaurusRex View Post
I've been pretty much a shut-in since the leaves fell. BUT! Talked it over with my boys and they are to remind Daddy to get outside each day.

I've tried my share of diets. No plan or set of restrictions has worked. What does work for me is physical activity. So I'm outside with the cane and walker and walking and stuff.

And working with the dumbells again. (No. That is not code for my sons. HA!) The best fat burner is muscle. At least for me it is.

Have to buy new scales, too.

Yeah. It's funny. A fat dude with broken scales. Who didn't see that one?
Moose, they were showing a guy from the news the other night. He had lost 100 lbs. Last years New Years resolution was that he would make healthier choices. Not diet.

So he did all year. He didn't have a strict diet at all. He would just ride his bike a few blocks instead of driving. If he and his friends went to McDonalds. He would order a happy meal, instead of a Big Mac.

When faced with a choice of a Steak and baked potato, he would skip the baked potato and choose a salad with his steak.

In one year, he lost 100 lbs.

He said when he first got his bike he could barely ride it. Now he says he rides it everywhere.

So I think it's more about Healthier choices.

DAY
DAY1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (01-04-2009), FranksAngel (01-10-2009), sabimax (01-04-2009)