View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 02:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused new to board but not to Fibro/CFS/CFIDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doody View Post
((Lindkaye)) I wouldn't pretend to know what it is going on, but it sure sounds like the kind of ache I get with fibro, AND the flu-like symptoms! That's a biggie. Just feeling like crap!

I'm going to try and remember the type of doctor because everytime someone asks I go blank, LOL. He's the kind of doctor who treats for arthritis and such. Hmmmmm. I looked it up! A rheumatologist.

My GP was the first to venture the diagnosis. He sent me to a rheumy. The rheumy said it appeared a bad virus had settled into my entire body and I would have to ride it out.

I would go home from work in the most horrible pain (when it first hit). My GP saw me in this terrible pain and prescribed percodan. I could have kissed his feet. That first night it got rid of all the pain except in my knees. When I'd get home I'd throw blankets in the dryer, get them hot, and just wrap up in them for the rest of the evening.

This continued for a month, the horrible pain, thinking I had a nasty virus. So, I went back to GP and he again sent me to the rheumy. This time with more testing he decided it was fibro. Gave me instructions for exercise (yeah right) and that I would just have to learn to live with it.

In my case, the myofascia pain is so nasty. You can basically touch me anywhere on my body and it's tender and hurts. For instance, yesterday my daughter grabbed my upper arm with excitement about something. and oi vey it hurt!

There are several medications you'll read about in here from other fellow fibro sufferers. Right now I don't take anything except what my doctor gives me for pain, hydrocodone. And he's really tight about that. He'll only allow me 30 pills for 30 days.

Some take neurontin, lyrica, cymbalta, and other types of meds.

But yes, in my case it was a rheumy who diagnosed me.

Gentle hugs.

Like I said I am a newbie to this board everyone seems very caring which is what I like about this board. I have suffered for 11 years with Fibro and after about 8 years I got the CFS also instead of getting bettter it seems to be worse with each year with this 2008 the worst. I wish everyone a Happy Healthy New Year with them finding out what causes this horrible affliction and finding a cure to end it. I see a primary care dr. who treats me for my bad gut and see a very caring female Rhuemy whom my deceased mom had for her RA. I lost her in 2005 she couldn't handle the pain or meds anymore and she lost her 4 day battle with a fluke accident and them a coma and stroke but I know the RA was to much for her to handle anymore. My mom never complained a moment . I miss her
I have been on at different times 11 meds on and off. The ones I take right now are Verapamil, Asacol, Premerin, Cymbalta 80 mg a day. compazine for the constant nausea I suffer. Adavan for my panic attacks very rarely. Lorazapam for my Crohns disease flares. oh yes lets not forget Ambien which helps me get some sleep occasionaly. I do notice a difference with the Cymbalta I had previously been on Lyrica whcih did not work.. I like the cymbalta it really makes a difference.,in the pain level which had gotten unbearable. Lyrica helped with the depression for a while but I think I built up a torlerence for it and it stopped working. I had heard about cymbalt and asked my Rhuemy to reseach it to see if it was worth trying she did and I said it works I still have pain but it does something to curtail it so it is not so severe or get so that you can't handle it.
I also have to take a shot of prednisone now and again, I don't like needles at all but it does help when I can't handle it.
So it is a daily event for me and my husband I never know what or where the pain will be. I call it my personal pin ball machine it bongs back and forth .
I have a question to anyone reading this do any of you ever get pain in your face? This is new to me and I thought I got it everywhere. This hurts like someone is sticking a needle in my face. It lasts all day with no letup.
Thanks for listening scottiemom2
scottiemom2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
GmaSue (01-15-2009), warbelsnap (01-06-2009)