View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 03:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalenaFaolan View Post
I see them just fine and it does enlarge when I click on them! I remember when I'd swell like that too. I feel soooo lucky I only have minor swelling in my ankles. It's always there but doesn't interfere with anything. In the start my knee/lower leg/foot would get to be three times the size it should be.

Hugs,

Karen
How long after your symptoms started before the swelling would start going down??? Did your RSD start after surgery??? You're right, it is primarily the SWELLING that is causing the pain and probably most of the nerve sensations (I think). I've tried to wear a compression stocking but it just swells in response to THAT pressure as well (plus, I get this lovely "ribbed" effect all up my leg.....looks like a big condom).

If the darn swelling would go away and stay away, I think I could be ok. It makes me stiff when I try to walk, which throws off my balance, makes me limp, then makes other parts of my body hurt (back, hips, knees), and I get tired from the extra effort (and on and on and on).

Anyway, I am convinced that the nerve block helped some. I'm game for the second one. I'll take baby steps if I have to in order to gain back my tolerance for mobility. I just didn't know if it was supposed to swell like that as a direct result of the block.

Thanks for replying!!! I am so bored!!!
MominPainRSD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote