View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 05:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

The title of this thread “Drug free Remedies for Chronic Pain” would have inspired me when I first came upon the Braintalk forum some years ago. My pain was at a point where I could walk with some difficulty for about half an hour before I felt the need to take all weight off my feet. I tried, I really tried to visit places such as stately homes and gardens etc. but despite all my efforts the pain in my feet just got worse and worse. I never gave up trying to use my feet I am a fighter but no matter how hard I tried to exercise (I also went to my local private hospital for massage) I just could not take the pain for any length of time. Believe me I am not a weak person but who would walk on hot coals and broken glass forever?

I do not ask for sympathy (I hate it) for I know so many here are in the same boat. All I wish to say is I have tried so many things from exercise, massage, 4 different forms of electrical therapies and a multitude of supplements and vitamins. My view on Neurontin has been posted more than once, suffice to say I would recommend everyone to stay well clear of it. My only salvation in recent years has been oxycodone which I take as sparingly as possible. This allows me to drive and do my shopping parking with my disabled badge near to the shops. And also to take my wife out for afternoon tea during the week.

My current neurologist who has been seeing me privately now for ten years is only of any use when it comes to trying any new drug or upping existing ones.

Oh how I recommend anyone new to PN to try drug free remedies - if they are able. Prescription drugs are a menace but as in my case a necessary menace – as I am sure Dan with his fentanyl patch will agree. Like cyclelops my diagnosis came too late for any possible cure. It took some time for me to realise I had a serious long term problem. My original tests were done under the National Health Service since when all my consultations have been private..

One final point – all complementary medicine worldwide is under threat as I have posted here on occasions. This threat is very real and both Europe and the US are signed up to the organisations who have drawn up the ludicrously low legal limits for all non prescribed supplements and vitamins. If and when these draconian laws come into force there will then only be the drugs our doctors decide we should have. I fear for the future of those who are ill and like us, would like to try and help themselves.

Tony
Adastra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote