View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 06:04 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

((Scottiemom)) hi, and welcome, and YES the people at NT are the most fabulously supportive and caring people. It just blows my mind sometime.

I'm sorry you have this diagnosis as well! You and I have had the fibro for about the same amount of time. I remember when I was first diagnosed, really...I was shocked when it settled in to my brain. I didn't understand it at all and felt like I'd lost a part of my life but well..., you know.

I also have ulcerative colitis and take Asacol as well. Have had that for 32?+ years. Since I was 27. It was diagnosed a year after my daughter was born and it nearly took my life. I'm no stranger to that awful prednisone, lifesaver that it is.

Yes, sometimes, but rarely, I get the oddest facial pain. It's as if someone has popped me one and I'm bruised. I also have TMJ and that is no picnic.

Ain't life sometimes grand?

I'm so glad the Cymbalta helps you. I remember when they first got it on the market it was said that 60 was the magic dose for combatting the pain. Later, my doc said that they found that 90 mg was the most effective dose for the pain. I know it helped mine, but it did not help with my depression. I fight that all the time it seems, no matter what drug I am taking for it. AND I tried not taking anything and well...that was much worse. I'm definitely lacking a healthy serotonin balance.

I'm so glad you found this place!!!! Read around the forums and you will see these most wonderful people in action.

Bruna - rescued from a Missouri puppy mill
Doody is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
warbelsnap (01-06-2009)