Thread: Botox.....
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 08:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi Tracey

Hi T,

I am happy to say that botox has for sure helped me and it has made travel easier and I am a happier person headache wise and my pain has been less in my scapular area where my stabbing pain was. The doc did trigger point injections for me. He poked till he found the spots that made me squirm then injected.

As for scalene injections...I wish I'd had them done, as they are the main source of my pain now. I do believe tht you do need some sort of imaging done when injecting into the scalene area. There are so many complex issues with scalene injections and that is why most people who get them done will tell you it was by ultrasound guidance. With the U/S machine the doc can see where he/she is injecting and knows it is muscle and which one it is. This is important!!! Don't let someone go poking around your neck where your jugular is and your carotid to name just a few as well as many nerves....which I belive many people have trouble swallowing....may be injection into the muscle that controls the esophagus or nerves!!

go carefully into scalene injections....but it is most certainly a viable but needs repeated every 3-4mths option!!!!

best of luck and do your research!
love and hugs,
Victoria

How poor are they who have not patience!
What wound did ever heal but by degrees.

gibbrn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote