View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 11:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I've never had withdrawl but seen it discussed. I would imagine that any sort of withdrawl depends on how your body processes meds and I believe most importantly, how long you've been taking a particular med. The things I know a lot of people have felt are: being jittery,sleeplessness,feeling nauseous and/or actually being sick, sweating,shaking. That's all the ones that come to mind at the moment. Of course depending on how high the dose of med was, how long you took it for would dictate how bad the withdrawl symptoms are. Milder symptoms to omg I want to die symptoms.

When you call the doc tomorrow, let them know right off the bat it is an EMERGENCY! If you can avoid withdrawl of any kind, mild or otherwise, then yeah, go for it! Tell them you can't get refills of cymbalta and lyrica, tell what the stupid insurance company said. I know docs will call and let them know, in no uncertain terms, you've tried "the other stuff" and doesn't work, hence the reason you're on what you're on!!! DUH!!! Then, if able to have the docs office drill into the stupid desk jockey's head that you NEED these meds, they'll approve, you go pick it up and "withdrawl" just becomes an ugly word without having to actually experience any of it.

I'll be thinking of you and hoping, really, really hoping, that this is what happens for you. No fuss, no muss.

Hugs,

Karen

Living, loving and laughing with RSD for 14 years and counting.
GalenaFaolan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote