Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default TOS surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by annhere View Post
Hi Diane,

Thank you for your posting. You seem so informed. Can I ask a few questions?

When did you have TOS surgery? and by whom

What type of job did you do prior? and did you get retrained to do now?

I have had neck surgery already...neck fused and now need my 1st rib removed and scalene on the right and the docs say perhaps on the left.
I'm currenlty under Peter's care...but of course anyone knows w/severe
TOS therapy dosen't fix you.....

Ann
Hi Ann,
I have not ahd TOS surgery; my daughter ahd two TOS surgeries,. A first rib resection and scalenectomy, a clean-up to remove scar matter and the cervical nerves were wrapped in pericardial patch materail in hope to keep scar matter off again. She was 16 when injured, 19 when the first surgery, she had two carpal tunnel surgeries and a breast reduction. Her TOS surgeries were by Dr. Allen Togut.

I think we creat our own life program of accomdations and read a lot, understand pros and cons, try different things and see what is worth living with and what is not. For my own daughter, I feel no more surgeries, she has too much scarring that happens, but perhaps a pain pump to help with pain.

I developed TOS Right side primarily, and left side cervical herniations in a work related accident as police officer. I reinjured my knee after two previous knee surgeries and my umbar and sacro-illiac.

I was a female police Chief and worked very hard for many years to attain my goals. I was unable to return to work and at almost 50 yrs old went back to college with the help of grants, monatary help and laptop from voc rehab. I graduated with a dual degree in Criminal Justice and sociology with goals of teaching part time.

I work 10 hours a week monitoring court ordered supervised visitations. high risk cases. While the paper work challanges me (typing filing,), I excell in my performance.

I receive SSDI along with my earnings so it helps my family. It is rewarding, I can't imagine those here that work full time. I come home beat...But, I have a ton of family obligations with a daughter disabled and grown son with TOS and lumbar injury (from a work injury unloading luggage) along with tumors in the brain on the pituatary.

I am the family taxi for doctor appointments, and care giver for my older daughter and grandson as my daughter in law works full time and son has bad days.

I have been educated on the road of hard knocks of TOS from the long time forum members here, and from the many sessions and trips to Dr. Togut, reading research, other doctors such as Dr. Sott Fried, Dr. Steve Annest, and Dr. Robert Schwartzman...They have been wonderful for information and support on this long journey.
Feel free any time to ask anything, If I can't help someone here will have some thoughts. I know there are several taht did have surgery for cervical fusion and also for TOS.

Di

Pocono area, PA

DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote