View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 08:59 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Lori Lee,

Gee hon, sounds like me. I really have to agree about the anger part of this monster. The drs, than treat us like we don't really exist, the employers that don't really need us any more, family that don't really understand, the constant pain, (need I go one?). I have my animals. they tend to keep my grounded. they love me no matter what. my dogs stay in bed with me on my bad days, snuggling close to keep me warm, and kissing me to let me know that they are there for me. my horses, well, the smell is so wonderful. I bury my nose in their necks and just breath deep. and the low nicker they give me when the first see me is worth getting out of bed for. And the biggest thing that has happened to change the way I feel has been my last bout of bad luck. I was going to get my scs battery moved from my butt to my side. a week before surgery my doc discovered that the leads had moved from my spine so he decided to replace everything. long story short, he did, removed staples (about 80), week later got sick, turned out to be merser, had complete unit removed, ended up in nursing home (became sucicadal), got home, slowly got better with home health care, found new PM, he asked what I expected him to do, (duh), and he said unless I wanted another scs, that the best he could do would prescribe pain meds for me for the next
********20********** YEARS. WOW>.......I was hoping for at least 30 or more years. that scared me to death. I really thought I should have more time to live than that. I've also gone on Topamax which seems to really have helped along with percocet. I'm thinking of going back to dog training part time. just a couple of hrs on the weekend. If (as) I'm really getting to that point in my life, I'm going to live it(even if it kills me lol). I don't know where you are one the life scale, but you did ask for seniors. Hope this helps

Hugs
Mary
llrn7470 (01-05-2009)