View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 01:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeamsLikeStitches View Post
Hi there,

I understand your frustration and confusion. I was diagnosed with idiopathic PN about three years ago. I came to this site and met these wonderful people. I took their advice on supplements, diet, and stress.

I have gone from using two canes to get around, to walking two miles a day. My legs are still weak, and I am definitely not the person I used to be, however, I am much better than I was when I was in the worst of my PN.

Stress is a big big factor. I turned my stress into energy to try to find a way to make myself better. I understand the doctors are "trained" in their specialties, however, these people here live with this every day of their lives. They know what works and what doesn't!

I have gone from unable to work, unable to even walk to the bathroom... to now working, (never again able to wear high heel shoes), and living alone.

I wish you the best, and hope that your New Years Resolution is that you take control of this disease and learn to manage it. Don't let it manage you!

Terri
Seemslikestiches....

That is one of the most inpiring things I have read on this board. Don't let it manage you. You really have a lot to be proud of....great to read that post....

"As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he."
-- Proverbs 23:7 Bible

Be well,

Mark
Ivpound is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote